Education & Outreach
Stay after the performance for a spirited exchange focused on the play’s ideas and process of creation. What was the playwright's intent? What choices did the director make in bringing the story to life? What ideas did the actors bring to the table? What are you feeling and thinking about the play now that it’s over? A member of Aurora’s artistic team facilitates this 20-minute discussion. Free.
2017/2018 Talk-Back Dates
- Tuesdays: Mainstage: Sept 12, Nov 14, Feb 6, Apr 24, Jul 3; Dashow: Mar 20
- Wednesdays: Mainstage: Sept 20, Nov 22, Feb 14, May 2, Jul 11; Dashow: Mar 28
- Thursdays: Mainstage: Sept 28, Nov 30, Feb 22, May 10, Jul 19; Dashow: Apr 5
- Fridays: Mainstage: Sept 8, Nov 10, Feb 2, Apr 20, Jun 29; Dashow: Mar 16
Additional Talk-Backs can also be scheduled for larger groups. Please contact the Box Office for details: 510.843.4822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Reasons to Bring Your Student Group To Aurora Theatre
1. It's easy to get here
Aurora is just 1-1/2 blocks from the Downtown Berkeley BART station. Click here for directions.
2. Discounted tickets
We offer special discounts for students and groups to our regular performances. Click here for more information.
3. Reinforcement of CA Dept. of Education Content Standards
Creative reinforcement of content standards including Artistic Perception, Creative Expression, Historical and Cultural Context, and Aesthetic Valuing.
4. Specially designed workshops and talk-backs
We can design Pre-Show Classroom Workshops or Post-Show Talk-Backs for groups of 20 or more. Email email@example.com to find out more.
- 5. Fantastic downtown Berkeley location
- Make an event out of it! Enjoy lunch or dinner (and discounts) at one of our many restaurant partners nearby.
Questions about education at Aurora? Email our education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.