For Backstage Positions including; Stage Management, Production Assistant, Sound Operators, Wardrobe Assistants, and Deck Crew, please contact our Production Manager Amanda Mason at email@example.com.
We are seeking part-time Box Office Associates. Box Office Associates are expected to provide exceptional customer service to Aurora's patrons. Together with the Audience Services Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager, they run the Box Office for performances: selling tickets, processing exchanges, and providing information and assistance to patrons. This team manages all audience service concerns and creates a safe and welcoming environment for our patrons. Experience working in a box office and using ticketing software is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for theatre, an ability to work independently, and a desire to work as a part of this team.
This is a permanent, part-time hourly position. Night and weekend work is required.
Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the diversity of its staff and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. To do so, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job of the House Manager is to provide a pleasant and safe environment for Aurora Theatre Company patrons and volunteers in an efficient and timely manner.
The House Manager practices great customer service, providing a welcoming environment for the patrons during their time at the Aurora. The House Manager must be able to handle safety issues, and accommodate patrons with special needs. The House Manager also works with the box office to resolve any seating issues that might arise. The House Manager trains volunteer ushers to seat patrons, sell concessions, and sell raffle tickets, as well as coordinating with the Stage Manager to ensure that the show begins on time.
Candidates should have good customer service skills, leadership abilities, be calm in the face of hectic situations, and be responsible for money and inventory accuracy. Hours are evenings and weekends.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with House Manager Search included in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the diversity of its staff and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
The opportunity: Aurora seeks an innovative Development Director to join its senior team and help shape the future of the organization during an exciting period of artistic growth. The Development Director will partner with the Managing and Artistic Directors, as well as with the Board of Directors, to grow contributed revenue for the organization.
Who we are: As the storyteller for our community, Aurora Theatre Company shares the uniquely transformative power of live theatre with both traditional and new audiences. Our intimate stages, perfect for nuanced, language-driven work, emphasize theatre as a communal act of shared imagination that brings people together. We value the great plays of the past for the way they resonate with today’s issues, and new plays for the way they move today’s conversations forward.
By hiring local artists to tell stories that speak authentically to the present moment, and by providing a welcoming, inclusive, supportive environment for our audiences, artists, and staff, we create world-class professional theatre that challenges all of us to think deeper, laugh louder, and engage more purposefully and profoundly with our neighbors and our world.
We continually work to better embody anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-ablist, anti-homophobic, anti-transphobic, and anti-oppressive practices in everything we do.
Aurora Theatre Company has been declared “one of the best regional theaters around” by 7x7 magazine, has been called “one of the most important regional theaters in the area” and “a must-see midsize company” by the San Francisco Chronicle. Voted Best Theater Company in 2012 by SF Weekly, and each year increasing its reputation for top-notch theatre, Aurora is located in the heart of the Downtown Berkeley Arts District. Perhaps even more importantly, Aurora enjoys a very loyal following. Our subscription renewal rate is significantly higher than the national average, and our patrons and donors are kind and passionate followers of the organization. Aurora employs a small but mighty staff of talented individuals who have a great time bringing excellent, local, intimate theatre to the Bay Area.
Position description: Aurora’s new Development Director will lead and inspire us to achieve both annual and long-term fundraising goals and implement growth strategies to advance the Theatre’s work. Reporting to the Managing Director, s/he/they will supervise and support the work of two other Development staff members and collaborate with the Marketing team to best leverage all revenue development opportunities. The Director will also work closely with the Managing, Artistic, and Associate Artistic Directors, as well as Aurora’s 16-member Board, to maximize donor relationship building and cultivate a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. As a senior staff member, the Development Director will actively participate in long-range strategic planning, as well as oversee all day-to-day fundraising activities, including major gifts, direct mail and online appeals, special events, institutional giving, planned giving, and donor stewardship.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in a wide range of development work and be equally comfortable directing and executing fundraising activity. S/he/they will also have a commitment to fostering an inclusive workplace and a passion for theatre and the arts.
- Actively participate in and support institutional decision making, as well as long-range strategic planning, as a member of Aurora’s senior team.
- Lead the planning and implementation of Aurora’s overall development program, developing both annual and long-range strategies that align with strategic objectives and support growth and sustainability across all funding areas.
Work in close collaboration with the Managing Director and Board to support, guide and encourage their active participation in fundraising.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors’ Gala, Planned Giving, and Stewardship Committees and work closely with the Committee Chairs and members to mobilize volunteers and achieve development goals.
- Hire, supervise, mentor and motivate development staff as required.
- Optimize a robust major gifts pipeline, implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies for gifts of $2,500 and above.
- Build relationships with both regional and national foundation partners, and identify new projects and partners in collaboration with senior leadership team.
- Develop new strategies to increase support from corporations and community partners.
- Steward existing key donors and create new opportunities for donor engagement.
- Supervise the development and implementation of annual year-end appeal and other campaigns designed to support both donor renewal and new acquisition.
- Oversee internal systems for prospect generation and management.
- Oversee and actively participate in planning for major special events.
Desired qualities and qualifications include:
- 3 to 5 years of senior development experience preferred;
- Enjoyment of and proven success with fundraising, including solicitation of major gifts;
- Excellent persuasive writing and editing abilities;
- Positive, entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on, detail-oriented mentality;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and function well in a shared workspace;
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate, and manage others;
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business and fundraising strategies.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range: high 80’s to low 90’s, DOE, open to conversation. This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits including platinum-level health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, holiday, personal, and sick time, pre-tax transit savings, and 401(k) eligibility.
Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the diversity of its staff and strongly encourages all qualified candidates to apply. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR SEARCH in the subject line. The search will remain open until the position is filled and be conducted on a rolling basis.